General Key Statistics/Characteristics The Netherlands
- Transmark has been granted two deep geothermal exploration licenses in the Netherlands, covering approx. 1100,000 hectares
- The two exploration areas are in the Northern part of the Netherlands, Friesland, and in the middle/southern part of the Netherlands, Noord-Brabant.
- Transmark Renewables is currently actively exploring the areas to determine the potential for a first geothermal power generation project in the Netherlands.
- As a home market, a renewable geothermal energy project in the Netherlands would for Transmark Renewables be a suitable extension of its project portfolio.
- Due to the multiple exploration and production wells and seismic done for Oil and Gas projects, the geological settings in the Netherlands are known.
- Transmark Renewables aims at the geothermal systems located at depths ranging between the 4,000 and 6,000 meters, with temperatures ranging between the 140°C and 150°C