Within the Peumayén Concession lies the Tolhuaca Geothermal Field
Transmark Chile SpA holds the license for geothermal exploitation in the area where the Tolhuaca geothermal field is located on the border of La Araucanía and Biobío Regions, southern Chile. The area is widely studied since the early 2000’s. Previous exploration wells proved the existence of a geothermal reservoir and showed a production potential of 9 - 12 MWe from a single well!
The project is co-financed by the Federal Republic of Germany through KfW and with funding by the European Union, through the Geothermal Development Fund Latin America.
Peumayén Concession - Closest airport city: Temuco
- Located in the border of La Araucania and Biobío Regions
- Approximately 9,100 hectares
- Previous exploration well tested with an equivalent in power of 9 - 12 MWe
- The area is defined by cragy peaks, deep valleys and lake basins
- Elevation between 1.100-2.500 m.a.s.l.