The geothermal exploration licenses near Manisa city are located at the western margin of the Gediz graben system, which is one of the top geothermal regions in Turkey hosting several geothermal projects.
Our Turkey Operations
Transmark Renewables considers Turkey a key market due to the following key characteristics:
- Renewable electricity production is mainly promoted through a guaranteed feed-in tariff. Opportunities for sustainable forms of energy production – hydro, wind, solar, geothermal and others – are abundant in Turkey. Encouraging policies backed by favourable feed-in tariffs are expected to increase their share in the national grid in the coming years.
Strong geological potential
- Turkey is located on the ring of fire with an estimated geothermal resource potential over 4,000 MWe
- With an installed capacity of only 30 MW in 2008, Turkey currently has around 1,347 MW of installed capacity
Attractive market fundamentals
- With a population of approximately 80 million people and a GDP growth of 6.5%, Turkey is a large and growing economy
- Due to these developments and the Kyoto standards, the electricity market requires a strong increase of renewable energy capacity